Sunday 13 January 2013

Busy Busy Busy




First off I apologise for being MIA this week, so much for my promise to blog more this year! Since arriving back in London last Sunday I literally have been so busy I couldn't find the time to write on here!

The Bullring website published their 'Gothic Lip Trend' review this week that I contributed to and I was really pleased to see that two of my photos were used to headline the article! You can find the article here and you can also check out my blog post of Illamasqua's Disciple lipstick including the original interview here.

I started back to a hectic week at London College of Fashion, we were thrown straight back in to work without no hesitation and given a whole load of information and briefs for the next term. As you can tell by the photo, our essential reading list for Cultural Studies alone is enough to have me wanting to crawl back to bed. All very full on but exciting non the less. And I have to say one of the things I absolutely love about our university is the library, it is crammed full of magazine archives from ID to Harper's Bazaar to Vogue's from across the globe. The British Vogue archives date back as far as the 1920's, and the old advertisements are enough to keep me sat in the library aisles for hours. Very lucky to have such amazing amenities at our fingertips.

On Thursday I attended the Django Unchained premiere. I'm a huge fan of Tarantino films and I couldn't miss the opportunity to see Leonardo DiCaprio, who I was in love with growing up. Surely he was everyones first crush? The atmosphere at the premiere was incredible, unfortunately Leo wasn't there (cry), but I did get a glimpse of Christoph Waltz, who I love, Samuel L Jackson and Jamie Foxx. Probably the moment where my film geek brain nearly exploded was being able to say Hello to Mr.Quentin Tarantino himself, before watching him pose for the paparazzi. Django Unchained, although long, is as always with Tarantino a great film and I 110% recommend it. It is however extremely violent, so not for the faint hearted.

My week was topped off with a night at Funky Buddha in Mayfair for a friends birthday. Unfortunately for me I can't refuse free vodka and champagne and I spent the next day absolutely dying. After the week I've had though I think a big blow out was needed!



Now I'm settled in again I will be back to posting regularly, with a review on Balenciaga Florabotanica coming up in a couple days time. So keep your eyes peeled!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment