Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 through my lens






It isn't until you reflect over the past year that you realise how much you have done! These are the highlights of my year, from visiting Manchester to decide where I want to live and celebrating my birthday in Florida at the beginning of the year, right up to spending Christmas at home and my black and gold nails for new years eve.


I never make new years resolutions, as I believe you should aim to better yourself every day, not just one day of the year. However, I have set some goals to accomplish for 2013.
My first is to blog more, I started this blog at the very end of August and I never expected it to get to so far so soon after 4 months. In all honesty I thought I'd have given it up by now!
My second is to enrol on to an advanced film makeup course over the summer. As much as I love doing fashion makeup, the reason I got in to makeup was because of my love of film and movie making, and I find myself missing doing theatrical and special effects more and more.
My third is to make the most of being in London, since I moved I've spent my time settling in and getting used to the workload at LCF, but I haven't explored as much as I've wanted to. I believe you gain as much as you put in in creative professions and I think it's so important to surround yourself with inspiration. I don't mean just looking at pictures on the Internet, I mean visiting art galleries and places of interest, watching a diverse range of films, reading books, doing something you wouldn't normally do. Inspiration is everywhere, and if you spend your time just looking at makeup on the Internet and in magazines and books, your work will just be a copy of what everyone's already seen before instead of your own ideas, and your work will never evolve. With the ever-changing amount of things to do and see in London, I really have no excuse to not get out there.





What are your new years resolutions?

Photobucket
           

2 comments:

  1. Look like you had a great year! I did a special effects makeup course too, I loved it and really regret not taking it any further :( xx

    http://hellotashaa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never too late to still do something, go for it! :) x

      Delete